We’re halfway through the year already, can you believe it? Which there are only 6 months left to tackle what’s left of your Goodreads challenges. I challenged myself to read 25 books this year and I’ve read 11 so far so I’m right on schedule! How are you doing with your Goodreads challenge?
Who lives in front of a laptop under a pile of books?
Workbob Schoolpants!! (me)
It’s been two weeks since my last review and I have two reasons (excuses).
- I was visiting my sister in Sweden for spring break and was having too much fun enjoying the low-cost living, candy, and urine free public transit to write down anything about the books I read.
- I also didn’t do any work for school while I was there. The week I returned (last week) the final project of my senior year was due and I had to get that put together and submitted. The only review I have for you is about my bed, pillow, and sheets.
Things have calmed and in about a month I’ll be graduating. I have more time to read and am looking forward to picking up a book again. However, I’ll still have a review up for a previously read book.
Thanks for understanding!
If you don’t know what Oh No They Didn’t is, it’s a forum where like minded adults can sound off on the latest pop culture new stories and events. A post just went up about having a reading challenge based off ONTD (and it’s amazing!), and I decided to participate.
Basically each month you read a book based off the theme of the month. January’s theme is: A book that is being adapted into a movie or TV show in 2017
Hidden Figures is coming out in a few weeks so this will be my first choice for the challenge. Yay!
It’s about three hours from being 2017 here in NYC and I don’t know how to feel about it. While 2016 has pretty much been a dumpster fire of epic proportions, with Drumpf in office, I can’t predict 2017 will be any better. Still, I’d like to do a quick post on my New Year’s Resolutions!
- Keep up with this blog: My first post was only two weeks ago, isn’t that crazy? This is like my third or fourth WordPress blog but I’m determined to keep up with it!
- Celebrate a strange national holiday every day: This one is strange, but fun! I’m looking forward to January 12th which is national Chicken Curry Day!
- Read at least 5 NetGalley Books
- Only borrow 4 books from the library at a time: The most challenging one yet!
- Curate my Instagram and my Read Read Said Tumblr
- Hit my Goodreads goal of 25 books for the year
- Finish knitting my first sweater: The sleeves are finished, now for the front and back!
What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
I hope you have happy and healthy holiday season! And a very happy New Years too!