Who lives in front of a laptop under a pile of books?
Workbob Schoolpants!! (me)
It’s been two weeks since my last review and I have two reasons (excuses).
- I was visiting my sister in Sweden for spring break and was having too much fun enjoying the low-cost living, candy, and urine free public transit to write down anything about the books I read.
- I also didn’t do any work for school while I was there. The week I returned (last week) the final project of my senior year was due and I had to get that put together and submitted. The only review I have for you is about my bed, pillow, and sheets.
Things have calmed and in about a month I’ll be graduating. I have more time to read and am looking forward to picking up a book again. However, I’ll still have a review up for a previously read book.
Thanks for understanding!
If you don’t know what Oh No They Didn’t is, it’s a forum where like minded adults can sound off on the latest pop culture new stories and events. A post just went up about having a reading challenge based off ONTD (and it’s amazing!), and I decided to participate.
Basically each month you read a book based off the theme of the month. January’s theme is: A book that is being adapted into a movie or TV show in 2017
Hidden Figures is coming out in a few weeks so this will be my first choice for the challenge. Yay!
It’s about three hours from being 2017 here in NYC and I don’t know how to feel about it. While 2016 has pretty much been a dumpster fire of epic proportions, with Drumpf in office, I can’t predict 2017 will be any better. Still, I’d like to do a quick post on my New Year’s Resolutions!
- Keep up with this blog: My first post was only two weeks ago, isn’t that crazy? This is like my third or fourth WordPress blog but I’m determined to keep up with it!
- Celebrate a strange national holiday every day: This one is strange, but fun! I’m looking forward to January 12th which is national Chicken Curry Day!
- Read at least 5 NetGalley Books
- Only borrow 4 books from the library at a time: The most challenging one yet!
- Curate my Instagram and my Read Read Said Tumblr
- Hit my Goodreads goal of 25 books for the year
- Finish knitting my first sweater: The sleeves are finished, now for the front and back!
What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
I hope you have happy and healthy holiday season! And a very happy New Years too!